Parent Support Advisor/ Family Support Worker
We are in the process of recruiting for a new Family Support Worker.
The Family Centre
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated Family Centre, right at the heart of Highwood school. The space is used to host social events, training courses and to hold meetings with parents and children.
Remember to apply for grants for food and energy.
If your child receives free school meals
You are entitled to a Household Support Fund grant, this will be at least £120 and could be more if you have more children.
Payments are £15 per child, per week for the school holidays, including half-terms and Easter. You will be back paid to October half-term if you’ve not already applied.
Open to all struggling with costs
Grants for £120 to help pay for food or energy bills are open for applications to anyone who is struggling with money.
You can apply through Age UK Berkshire or Citizens Advice Wokingham.
Support is available to help you with the cost of living crisis.
With the rise in food and energy costs, as well as increases in rents and mortgages, this year may have been more difficult than any before.
Hundreds are relying on credit cards, borrowing from family, loans and overdrafts. If this sounds like your situation, help is available.
Check the guides for different groups:
- Cost of living help for pensioners
- Cost of living help for people with children
- Cost of living help for single people
- Dealing with an emergency
Or get help based on the type of support you need:
- Cost of living help
- Get money to help pay for essentials like bills and food
- Help with money and budgeting
- Help with food
- Bills and household cost support
- Get items to help lower your bills
- Contact Citizens Advice Wokingham for help and advice
- How you can help others
Other cost of living help
- Cost of living help hub
- Foodbanks and help with other essentials
- Free airfryers, slow cookers and other low-energy items if you’re struggling with money
- Warm spaces map
- Help with household bills
- Budgeting tools and financial help
- Save money on childcare
- Grants for home improvements to keep your home warmer
If you’re not struggling but want to help others who are, donate to the Surviving Winter crowdfund, giving £50 is like giving £150 due to match funding.
Resources and Support
Please see the below link to the Wokingham Council website where there is information for families and carers.
For information regarding organisations which can help with children's mental health and well being please click here for advice from Wokingham Virtual Schools.
For contact information for the Local (Wokingham) Mental Health team, who can be approached if you feel your child may be struggling, please click here for a MHT PowerPoint with details and advice