Please note that the following data is not current but no data is published for 2019 - 2020 or 2020 - 2021 due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
School Data 2018 - 2019
The Data Summary for Highwood Primary School for the academic Year 2018 – 2019 is attached below. All of Highwood data in this summary is separated into three sections:
- Whole School (this data set is the data publicly available on government websites and contains all of our pupils at Highwood)
- Mainstream Children (this data set is not publicly available on government websites and contains all of the pupils who do not attend our specialist Speech and Language Resource Base.) This data should be used to compare with schools locally as no other school has a specialist Speech and Language Resource Base in Wokingham.
- National Average (this is the average achieved by all pupils nationally.)
Highwood’s academic performance from Early Years to Key Stage 2 continues to be positive.
Children achieving a Good level of Development at the end of F2 continues to be a strength of the school with 86% for our whole school cohort (89% for our mainstream children) achieving the expected judgement.
The trend for children passing the Phonics screening test continues to be a strength at Highwood, however with this particular cohort, 79% of our whole school cohort (82% for our mainstream children) passed the assessment last year.
Our 2019 Key Stage 1 data has been separated into two sections:
- All Highwood Children – this contains all pupils who were on roll at Highwood, including the children admitted to our bulge class from 23/04/19
- Highwood children in established Year 2 class – this contains all of our non-mobile pupils who have been on roll at Highwood during Year 1 and Year 2.
KS1 data shows that consistently good teaching and excellent curriculum provision results for our non-mobile children performing above the National Average.
Our 2019 KS2 data showed progress in Reading, Writing and Maths were all in line with the National Average. Pupils achieving the Higher Standard in Reading = 34% (27% NA), Writing = 34% (20% NA), Maths = 38% (27% NA) and GPS = 34% (36% NA) are above or well above the National Average.
All measures of progress for KS2 were also in the ‘Average’ band. Maths progress continued to be positive for the second consecutive year at +0.3 and Writing progress was positive for the first time at +0.6. This is particularly reassuring to show that our efforts in improving these areas, has come to fruition so quickly after being deemed areas for improvement in our most recent OFSTED inspection.
Reading progress continues to be in the Average band but is an area of focus as shared at our Meet the Teacher event in September 2019.
Click on the link below for our latest Ofsted inspection report.
For further information please click on the link to the Performance Tables.